8/28/2009

Getting Green Men.



So, I just saw a commercial for the movie Adventureland --
and it asked "did your first job suck this much?"

Truth be told, I've lived a pretty priveleged life and I've only had internships and done volunteer work throughout my life so I suppose my "work" experiences don't really matter or count.
When I got to college I applied for some jobs in the mall in order to get discounts on clothes and/or shoes. I was offered a job at ALDO during my freshman year--- I was a cashier and only worked approximately three days before I got annoyed and quit.

During my sophomore year I got a job at Clarks; my coworkers were awesome and the managers were the coolest people ever! Ha-- I worked only one day before I had my friend pretend to be me and call with some b.s excuse and quit the job for me [yeah, I was pussy-- so what?!?!]

When I talk with my friends they all share their experience of their first jobs at Starbucks or McDonalds or some other franchise that is eager for young souls to suck dry.
I hate working for people, I've never had a job or even an internship that I truly enjoyed
and that I was eager to go to the next day. Never. Ever.

My last internship at a publishing house was brutal! Imagine waking up every day and knowing that the boredom awaiting you at your place of work was going to slowly envelope you.
It was going to surround you with people and conversation that you would care less about; it was going to make you dread waking up the next morning but you stayed because you like dollar signs and did not want to disappoint the person who gave you the internship.

Actually, working there is when I knew I had to become an entrepreneur. The only good thing that came out of that internship was my awesome friend/mentor Christian!
I'm too outgoing for an office, I like my own schedules and doing what I please.

I heard leos enjoy ruling the kingdom, must be true!
How were your job experiences?

0 screams:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin